LATEST! Teaching effectively Post-COVID
- A 3-part workshop to help you plan and engage ALL students, no matter if they are tuning in face-to-face, online, or hybrid
- A 4-Part Framework to structure all your modules and lessons
- How to implement (i.e., EXECUTE) your module or lesson when so much coordination is involved
3 FREE lessons to get you started
- Lesson 1: Learn my #1 go-to lecture format for teaching new content
- Lesson 2: I debunk the two biggest myths in college teaching that can instantly change your approach
- Lesson 3: Watch how one instructor made 5 tweaks that got her a teaching job
See my actual lesson module that gets students excited, PLUS...
...9 more teaching resources that you can use RIGHT NOW:
- A grade sheet template that holds students accountable
- My actual welcome video I record for students
- How backward design can instantly enhance students' sense of control
- My template for keeping track of breakout group discussions online
- See how I get students to watch my whole video (without skipping ahead!)
- And much, much MORE
Make your classroom lectures ENGAGING
- Develop a "student profile" to help you create lessons they care about
- Get the only 3 lesson formats you'll need to teach any class
- Plan each class using a simple lesson template, called the 1SLP
- Find out which of the 10 activities you can use to liven any class
- And much, much more.
Plan, teach, & engage your students virtually
- Learn how to make your course ready for virtual instruction
- Create an engaging online syllabus in 6 simple steps
- Use our templates to develop synchronous and asynchronous lessons
- Learn how to assess students virtually
- Find out the only tech tools you'll need without the overwhelm
Learn how to teach (I teach you LIVE)
Do you prefer learning in real time—so that you can talk to others and get more accountability? If so, TCL is perfect for you.
- Learn the Teaching College Masterclass and Teaching College Online system in a LIVE format over Zoom
- Get real time feedback, Q&A, and real interactions with your cohort
- Download step-by-step workbooks & implementation guides for each class
- Earn a TCL certificate of completion after this two-week intensive course
Get LIVE coaching, training, and consulting
If you prefer a more custom experience—whether 1-on-1 coaching, speaking engagement, workshop training for your staff, or consulting on a project, contact me directly.
MEGAN PIETRUSZEWSKI // Lecturer, Writing, Clemson University
I walked away from the course with numerous insights for planning smoother courses in the future, but I also started immediately implementing strategies to engage my students, plan lessons, and facilitate discussions the next day.
JaneT birkey // Assistant Professor, Communication
Norman Eng is a professional and experienced educator with a huge dose of generosity. He explains concepts in the simplest of ways without dumbing down the content of his course. Both new and experienced college educators of any discipline will find the material practical and useful.
Hugh murphy // English Professor, Free University of Brussels
This has revolutionized the way I'm planning my course for this September. Norman addresses the perennial feeling of being overwhelmed at this time of the year with step-by-step guidelines and an extremely useful template for planning, organizing and tracking learning in the post-COVID world: this tool is a godsend for busy teachers with huge numbers of students.